Releasenotes for the 1.4 release
- The fixed security problems are grave, if you have directories writable by the webserver in you docroot (in most windows server the complete docroot writable by default, but many linux servers are also set up that way).
- The new version 2.6 of FCKeditor supports now newer Safari and Opera browsers, see http://www.fckeditor.net
- fixed XSS problem reported by enricomilanese-at-gmail.com (requires a non-anonymous user account)
==> we recommend everyone updates to this release ASAP!
- many bugfixes:
- some new features:
- csv export for all eTemplate apps
- addressbook: next&last date column, document templates, cat tree
- infolog: history logging, notifications, more custom field and form options
- own memcached session handler
- added importexport, icalsrv and notifications apps to the eGroupWare package
- improved translations merged from trunk
- contains the importexport and notification application, which only work on php5.1+ (if you want to install on php4, you have to remove the importexport and notification folder!)
- a complete list of the changes is available via the changelog
The eGroupWare project is proud to announce the 3. major release of our well know groupware suite.
It contains uncountable improvements over the 1.2 release. To name a few:
- addressbook completly rewritten (Group-addressbooks, Organisation-views, improved LDAP support)
- new fully integrated tracker application used by the project itself since some time
- new imap backend and many improvments for FMail
- Gallery2 port for eGroupWare
- many improvments in nearly all applicatons
- have a look at the release-notes: www.egroupware.org/wiki/releasenotes1.4
- for a full list see the changelog
Additionally you can install:
- eGroupWare-gallery (Gallery2 port for eGW)
- eGroupWare-iCalSrv (iCal Server)
Rpm packages are available from openSUSE build service for: openSUSE 10.2, SUSE Linux 10.0+10.1, SLES 10, Fedora 5+6, Mandriva The 1.4 release contains no more of the 1.2 contrib applications. If you want to continue to use them - agains our recomendation, as they are no longer maintained - you can do so by checking them out from svn, see www.egroupware.org/wiki/subversion.
- minium php 4.3+, recommended php5.1+ (some functionality require php5.1+ notification & importexport app)
- MySQL 4.1+, recommended 5.0+ (most parts still work with 4.0, not working are pricelist in projectmanager and knowledgebase) or
- Postgres 8.0+ (there are unconfirmed problems with 7.4 and 8.2 on update)
Please note / Erata:
Please note the offical 1.4.001 packages allow to login without password, IF you have anonymous binds/search enabled on your domain controler. If you have that special configuration (it's NOT the default), please make an svn update or download and replace phpgwapi/inc/class.auth_ads.inc.php. It has been fixed in svn and from 1.4.002 on.
SiteMgr and Website
Upgrading as described in setup manual will remove the symlink (Windows: copy) of sitemgr/sitemgr-link to sitemgr-link. You have to create it manually again.
The new contactform and paypal button blocks in 1.4.002, require you to go to SiteMgr >> Manage sitewide moduleproperties and "search and register new modules" at the end of the page.