numbering schema for eGW and how it influence the update process
The api version numbers are the general version number of a eGW release:
- numbers like 1.1.xxx indicate the branch is in development
- the minor number xxx is always 3-digit and has to be incremented for every database structure change / update
- even version numbers such as 1.2.xxx indicate a Stable Branch
- minor numbers greater 0 indicate bugfix-releases, ie 1.2.003
- there should be no db format changes - except in extremely rare curcumstances !!!
How are VersionNumbers incremented / db-table formats changed ?
- the version number of an app as well as of the api is stored in the file /setup/setup.inc.php and the db-table phpgw_applications
- these 2 numbers have to match, if not one have to update via the setup program
- setup looks in /setup/tables_update.inc.php to know how to update the app
- the format of this file and the whole process is described in detail in the
If you have additions or comments add them here of mail them to ralfbecker
Back to: eGroupWare / DeveloperDocs