InfoLog is a type of CRM (customer relationship management) application which utilizes information from the address book and todo lists, notes and telephone notes combined:
- It includes the three mentioned applications as well as an ACL (access control list).
- The responsibility for a task (!ToDo) or a telephone call can be delegated to another colleague. All entries can be linked to information from the address book, ProjectManager or calendar.
- It allows you to combine all entries for a contact or a project.
- Entries can be viewed, modified or added to InfoLog; either from InfoLog or from entries in the address book, ProjectManager or calendar.
- Other documents or files can be linked to InfoLog entries and saved in the file manager VFS (eGroupWare's virtual file system). A VFS upgrade allows files to be linked with a file server via symlink, instead of saving a copy in the VFS (must be installed by Admin).
- It uses CSV Import (in Admin) to import existing data. This allows allocating interactive fields, changing values with regular expressions and calling up PHP functions directly (e.g. linking a telephone call with an address book entry).
- New as of version 1.4:
- Turn emails into InfoLog entries: This works both when sending and receiving emails.
- Create and print forms for custom InfoLog types.
- Adjustable group owners for InfoLog types.
- Notification per email of changes to your own or delegated Infolog entries as well as reminders of due (overdue) tasks or those yet to be started. Whether, or when, you want to be notified can be defined in InfoLog’s preferences. You may receive notification per email and/or through eGroupWare’s internal notification module. The notification module must be activated, however.
- History: Starting from version 1.4002 in the application configuration you can activate a History logging to record all events when editing and deleting in one tab [History].
Additional planned features:
- Recurrent InfoLog tasks
- InfoLog entries can be directly generated or sent as faxes or HTML mails using forms
Additional InfoLog manual pages:
- Site configuration by the administrator
- Custom fields, types and status by the administrator
- Infolog preferences
- Grant access
- InfoLog interface
- Infolog type: note, call, todo, email
- Search for an InfoLog entry
- Creating an InfoLog entry
- Editing an InfoLog entry
- Deleting an InfoLog entry
- Turn emails into InfoLog entries
The user manual is written by Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH, who also offers support together with Stylite AG, see eGroupWare support.