Viewing a project element
To view a project element click on the symbol found in the project element list in the ‘Actions’ column (at the far right). A popup window containing the information will open up.
To access online help click on the icon on the top right.
At the top you will see the application icon (to which the project element belongs, e.g. or ) and the title (the entry title in the respective application). On the left are the category (ProjectManager category, not application category!!!) and, if applicable, a comment on the project element (can be input via edit project element). On the right you will see if the filter ignore this entry in the project list is set.
Underneath you will find the editing status:
- Right: Value in % from the data source.
- Left: If necessary, manually set a different project element value which will show up as the editing status in the project elements list. The original value is preserved in the data source. This is how you can manually adjust the editing status.
Subsequently, depending on the type of accounting you will see various windows: (always including ‘Dates’ and 'Constraints'):
- Dates: You will see the following fields: Startdate, planned Startdate, Enddate and planned Enddate. On the left (if set) is the data from the element list and on the right the data from the data source.
- If no accounting, only status is set as the accounting type, you will also see the display Share (details in percentage). You can use this to modify the share of the task to the entire project. Important: All of the parts of the project must add up to 100%. The default is set accordingly (e.g.: for two tasks of 50% each, if you change one part to 60%, the other part reduces automatically to 40%).
- Times: You will see the actual and planned Times, Share and Default fields. On the left (if set) is the data from the element list and on the right the data from the data source (if it provides times).
- The 'Share' and 'Default' fields always refer to the share of the project element in the entire project. First you will see the part of the project element (given in days or hours), followed by the sum of the hours in the entire project (also given in days or hours) and then the percentage. The 'Default' fields are generated automatically from the set values in the project elements, provided like in ‘Share'.
- Budget: In Calculate budget by quantity (eg. time) and price you will find the fields Quantity and planned Quantity (if applicable, on the left a given value which overwrites the display in the element list but not in the application and on the right the value from the data source). As well as Activity and Unitprice. The inputs in these fields generate the budget (only for accounting type 'budget and price list available’). Underneath you will see the fields Budget and planned Budget. On the left (if set) is the data from the element list and on the right the data from the data source.
- Constraints: This is where you will see all of the relations to other project elements and milestones:
- Start after - 'Data source (application): project element title’ (multiple inputs possible).
- End before - 'Data source (application): project element title’ (multiple inputs possible).
- Milestones - Date: milestone title’ (multiple inputs possible).
- All 'conditions’ are illustrated in the Gantt chart graphically with arrows where the black arrow represents a condition which was ‘adhered to’ and a red one for instance represents an overdue condition. Milestones are shown as a blue pound (hash) key with their corresponding arrows so that you have an overview of the project at any given moment.
- If no start and/or end date is given for a project element but only the duration is set, it is possible to ‘attach project elements consecutively’ through the conditions. If you move the previous element the next one is automatically shifted as well. This allows for a rudimentary project planning.
Underneath the table containing the project element data you will see three buttons to:
- [Edit]: Switch over to edit project element.
- [Cancel]: Return to the project list without saving your changes.
- [Delete]: Delete a project element. You will receive a short query whether you really want to delete the project element. Click [OK] to confirm deletion or click [Cancel] to return to the previous application. Only the link is undone in the process. The entry in the data source remains maintained. To delete it you must go to the respective application!
User Manual / Projectmanager
The user manual is written by Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH, who also offers support together with Stylite AG, see eGroupWare support.